Media (storage) is data storage where you can store files necessary for your website, regardless of website type or function. By using media File manager you can store image and video files, organize them in folders, etc.
Types of media storage
ReadyCMS supports two types of media storage:
- Media Cloud (storage space located on ReadyCMS servers)
- paid service
- a small amount of free space
- user admins are not able to change settings
- FTP media (storage space located on a remote server, accessed using file transfer protocol)
- any user with the admin role can set remote servers for data storage
- unlimited storage option
Both types have the same functionalities, it is up to the user's preference whether one or the other or both are going to be used.
How to set media (storage)
- Sign in to your ReadyCMS account
- Hover over the Settings dropdown menu (in the main menu/navigation bar) with your mouse
- Go to Settings > Media
- On the Media Cloud tab, you can activate the Cloud media storage
Your Media URL which is used to build links will be generated. Do not change it without sufficient knowledge about the subject.
- On the Remote server tab, you can activate the FTP media storage
- You will need to enter the necessary information related to the server
- Hostname or IP address of the FTP server
- Username and password of the FTP server
- Generate path and URL for building links
- Click the toggle switch button (on/off) on either Cloud or FTP media tabs to activate media of your preference (or both Cloud and FTP media tabs to activate them both)
If you finished setting up your media storage, you can start adding files to the media.