There are a lot of situations where you may want to offer discounts only for specific user roles.
You can create discount rules that target a group of users, like registered customers. If you enable visitors to check out as guests, you can give them an incentive to sign up by offering them a discount.
You can also provide a discount for wholesale customers by creating a user group for wholesale users (users with wholesale buyers role) and providing them with a discount for that group.
How to manage discount rules for user groups
- Sign in to your ReadyCMS account
- Go to the Settings dropdown menu
- Click on Shop > Discounts
- On the Discount rules page click the Add new discount rule button
- Select the option to create a discount For Customers or Customer Group
- Fill in the additional information related to the selected option
- Enter the title of the discount (e.g., Wholesale discount)
- In the user group combo box type and select the group that will receive the discount (e.g., Wholesale customers)
- Define the nature of the discount (whether its a percentage-based or a fixed sum)
- Define the number of times discount can be used in the Use section
- Set the time period in which the discount will be valid
- (Optional) In the Other section, you can define the sorting mechanism
- Click the toggle switch button Activate rule to activate this discount
- Click the Save button to confirm changes