Adding new users is not a highly frequent action but an important one, therefore the feature needs to be evident and simple, plain to see, and easy to use. While adding new users you can set users' registration type (whether it's admin or website user), their roles, and status.
How to add new users
To add a new user to admin, take the following steps:
- Sign in to your ReadyCMS account
- Hover over the Settings dropdown menu (in the main menu/navigation bar) with your mouse
- Go to Users > Add new
- A new page called Add user will open
- Within this page, you need to type in the user's name, his email address, and password which the user will need to be able to log in to the system
- Within the Account type section, mark the Registration type as Admin, then set the role depending on the type of user's role
You can set both website and admin user roles using these steps.
- To make the user's account active, change its status to Active
- Confirm the user account creation by clicking on the Add new button
User roles and permissions in ReadyCMS are highly customizable. After you add new users, you can assign them different roles and give them different permissions. You can even have users with the same role and still give them different permissions.