Comments and reviews are features of custom content types that enable getting feedback from customers.
A user review refers to a review written by a user or consumer for a product or a service based on their experience as a user of the reviewed product.
Same as comments, reviews are connected to a content type through a content ID. The biggest difference is that a review usually possesses a mark or a grade following the textual assessment. It helps potential buyers get the idea about the product based on the experience of other users. And that makes them incredibly useful when selling/buying stuff online.
Review grades in ReadyCMS stretch from 1 to 5.
How to manage reviews in ReadyCMS
Since the reviews are related to the content, you manage them separately for each content type (that has reviews enabled):
- Sign in to your ReadyCMS account
- Choose the content type from the main (navbar) menu (e.g. Shop)
- Go to Shop > Reviews
- On the Product reviews page, you can see the list of reviews related to that content type
- Click the Edit button next to the review you want to manage
- All reviews are Pending by default (meaning they are waiting for an admin to assess whether they should be approved or not)
- Select Approved if you want to display the review on the website or Not approved if not
- Selecting Spam will also hide the review from the website, and it will also point out to other admins the nature of the message (unsolicited messages or other harmful behavior)
- Setting status as Inactive will essentially put the review in the trash, unrelated to the approval option
- After you finished your evaluation, click the Save button to confirm changes
You can also learn how to manage bad words.