If you made a mistake when you created a category, whether it's a duplicate or an unnecessary category, you can delete it using this simple tutorial.
How to delete a category
To delete a category, take the following steps:
- Sign in to your ReadyCMS account
- Choose the content type which contains the category you want to delete, then click on Categories
(e.g., Shop > Products > Categories)
- In the content category list (e.g., Products categories), there is a delete option (in the form of a trashcan button)
- Clicking the Delete button will open an additional field in which you must confirm the delete action by typing in the safety word Delete
- Confirm the delete action by pressing the Delete button
Deleted items cannot be recovered.
If you wish to temporarily remove a category from the website, you can do it by changing its status to Draft. You will be able to use the same category in the future, with its information intact.