Multi-factor authentication drastically reduces the incidence of online identity theft and other online fraud. Some of the most popular web services employ multi-factor authentication, usually as an optional feature that is deactivated by default. Many internet services use TOTP to support two-step authentication.
Two-factor authentication isn't a hundred percent foolproof and may be ineffective against some modern threats, but nevertheless, we strongly recommend enabling it and using it.
How to enable two-factor authentication
In order to enable two-factor authentication, take the following steps:
- Sign in to your ReadyCMS account
- Hover over the Settings dropdown menu (in the main menu/navigation bar) with your mouse
- Go to Settings > Two-factor authentication
- Download Google Authenticator
- After downloading Google Authenticator, use the app to scan the QR code.
- You will be given a software-generated time-based, one-time code that needs to be entered during the next 30 seconds. Enter the code.
- Confirm your changes by clicking the Save button.
This concludes the activation of two-faction authentication on your account.
If you fail to enter the code during 30 seconds time limit, the authenticator will generate a new one.
Next time you try to log into your account, you will have to provide the time-based one-time code given by the app. This action will be required every time you log in as long as two-factor authentication is active.
The QR code scan is only required when enabling the two-factor authenticator on your account.
If you want to deactivate your two-factor authenticator, learn how to disable two-factor authentication.